About the project: iText 7, Market-leading library for creating and manipulating PDF files available in Java and .NET. Technologies stack: Java 7, C#, Bash, Groovy, AWS; Git; Jira, BitBucket, TeamCity, Jenkins, Upsource.
Learn more at https://itextpdf.com
- You will write code in Java for a PDF library, the core part of which is open source.
- You will be involved into investigating and fixing issues with the code coming from the customers.
- You will design extendable API and convert feature requests or bug reports into reusable, maintainable and robust code.
- 2+ years of work experience.
- 1+ years of experience with Java and/or C#.
- Degree in Computer Science or another technical field, or comparable hands-on experience. Degree in progress is acceptable.
- Good knowledge of CS fundamentals: bits and bytes, data structures, OOP, basic algorithms etc.
- Keeping users in mind when designing API.
- Understanding how much time your code will take to run and whether it needs optimization.
- Desire and ability to leave the code, documentation and processes behind you in a better state than they were before.
- Ability to read technical documents and specifications carefully and understand their meaning and cross-relations deeply.
- Extreme desire to learn and grow fast and share your expertise with the colleagues.
- English intermediate or higher.
Nice to have:
- Ability to think twice and understand what can possibly go wrong with your code.
- Experience of working with any of the file formats at a low level.
- Experience with scripting tools (Groovy / Python / Shell etc).
- Friendly team and comfortable working environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working hours.
- 28-calendar days vacation.
- Corporate English lessons.
- Health insurance.
- Sports activities compensation.
- Corporate events.
- Kitchen full of surprises.