Nexxiot is a full stack IoT company and an industry lead in the area of low-power telematics for railcars and tanktainers. Company focuses on development and delivery of digital supply chain management solutions for businesses that want to increase efficiency of their fleet and unlock additional revenue potentials.
In addition to its headquarter in Switzerland, Nexxiot operates offices in Germany and the USA, and at the moment we are building a dedicated Nexxiot team here at Cortlex.
Several technical and non-technical teams are responsible for creating and scaling Nexxiot’s technology and business model. Java Software Engineer will be a part of an interdisciplinary product team and will focus on implementing software features according to the requirements provided by the Product Owner. In collaboration with the Product Owner and Software Architects he or she will be creating solution designs, implementing them into the software, testing, operating and maintaining the resulting software services according the Site Reliability Engineering practices.
We are looking for someone with the appropriate skills to write backend services including data and software modelling and REST API design.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and Software Architects to produce Solution Design Document which enables effort estimations and planning of implementation work, break down Epics into Stories;
- Implement software components and services including testing and writing technical documentation according to Continuous Integration best practices;
- Deploy software service to different environments using Continuous Deployment practices, operate and maintain those deployments according to the principles of Site Reliability Engineering;
- Review and discuss Solution Design Documents written by teammates;
- Review and approve Merge respectively Pull Requests created by teammates;
- Participate in agile software development activities (e.g. stand-ups, planning meetings, demos, retrospectives);
- Act as onboarding buddy for new team members.
Our perfect candidate:
- At least 5 years of experience in writing JVM based software, primarily Java or Kotlin;
- Acquainted with the Git version management system (Gitlab);
- Python and Linux/Unix shell know-how is a great plus
- Familiar with common backend engineering concepts, patterns, technologies like SQL (PostgreSQL/Cockroach DB), NoSQL (Dynamo DB), Message Queueing (SQS), Publish & Subscribe (SNS & Apache Kafka);
- Fluent English spoken and written;
- German would be a plus;
- Open-minded team player, taking end-to-end responsibility to get things done;
- Curious and never afraid of learning new tools, technologies, and methodologies, find pleasure in understanding how things work.
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to grow professionally;
- Flexible working hours;
- Possibility to work from home 1 day per week if you want to (During the pandemic most of our team works remotely, of course);
- Office in a well accessible central location (Just in case you need people around and PS access);
- Business trips to Zurich, Switzerland;
- Fun, family-like atmosphere;
- Flat structure and minimum bureaucracy - we're people first;
- Medical expenses coverage;
- 5 sick days per calendar year (no need to go to the doctor and get an official sick leave).