Monterosa, a British-based company with an office in Minsk is looking for for energetic, self-dependent and result oriented Quality Assurance Engineer who wants to work in a fast-growing and very competitive and challenging environment and who will be caring about developing and executing manual and/or automation testing using best tools, practices and approaches in order to achieve high-quality, reliability, maintainability of our mobile native solutions
Join our international team creating the future of audience interaction.
We strive to create an environment that supports and is inclusive, with highly flexible, long-term working-from-home policies
Monterosa is the leader in audience interaction technology, behind some of the biggest interactive TV shows and sporting events including Love Island, EA Sport/Premier League Player of the Month and many others. We combine live participation such as voting, with gamification and interactive video and Ecommerce. Every year we interact with millions of users. We have achieved over 20 #1 apps and won many awards. All of our products and fan experiences are powered by our Monterosa / Interaction Cloud which is the Real-Time Engagement Platform. Our small and friendly team is distributed between London, Liverpool and Minsk with strong ties and everyday collaboration between us.
Our culture is positive, ambitious and rewards good ideas. If you want to work in a professional, world-class team while enjoying the energy of a tech startup, Monterosa offers excellent career growth. We want team members who have the drive to challenge boundaries. If you’re smart and passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, and you want to develop customer focused products in a culture which champions Agile, cross functional teams and continuous collaboration, we’d love to hear from you!
What you will be doing:
- Reviewing requirements, specifications and technical design documentation to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Creating detailed and well-structured testing documentation
- Estimating, prioritising, planning and coordinating testing activities
- Developing and applying testing processes for new and existing products/projects to meet client needs
- Conducting various testing types and approaches for hybrid mobile applications with interactive elements to ensure sufficient test coverage
- Identifying, recording, documenting inconsistencies thoroughly and track bugs
- Analysing and monitoring debugging process results
- Providing test result reports and updates to stakeholders
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify interdependencies
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
You should apply if:
- You've worked as a software developer or a QA engineer, and have a good technical degree or equivalent and 2-5 years experience
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and a passion for cloud-based services using software QA methodologies, best practices, tools and processes
- Hands on experience of testing native mobile products, projects and services
- Good understanding of software development and testing life cycles
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive testing documentation
- Proven track record with mobile and API testing tools (Xcode/Android Studio, sniffers Fiddler/Charles/Wireshark, Postman/Insomnia, Sauce Labs and other debugging and analytic tools)
- Familiar with test automation basics of native and services-based applications including integration with 3-rd party services software is a plus
- Experience with performance, load and/or security testing of mobile applications is a plus
- An appreciation for the value of good processes, good documentation and effective time and resource planning
- You like the idea of working in TV production, theatre, music or for sports organisations
- An experienced engineer with passion and drive, a strong communicator, a planner and an innovative problem solver
- Calm, methodical and resilient, you've been in some scrapes, planned your way out and can show others how to do the same
What's on offer:
Monterosa is one of the most rewarding and challenging places anyone can work in technology and entertainment. The payback beyond money is achievement, satisfaction and professional growth. We create, we deliver, we achieve immense success through a combination of great ideas, great technology, a passion for entertainment and high performance. With sufficient willpower, the vast majority of new team members go through a positive professional transformation!
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us and we aim to attract the best talent, and create an environment that supports and includes them. If you prefer to work part-time, from home or as a job-share, we'll make this happen whenever we can helping you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.