Who we are
Sideways 6 is an Innovation Management SaaS that helps large organizations improve internal communication and proactively involve all employees into the innovation process.
We were named one of the ‘UK's Top SaaS Companies to Work For’ thanks to how we treat our employees. They are given lots of responsibility, plenty of room to develop and the chance to be part of something pretty special.
Founded in 2014, offices in London and Minsk, the product is used by global companies: British Airways, Nestle, Centrica, Virgin Trains, AstraZeneca, and others.
At Sideways 6 we live by six core values that drive us to do our best work.
Own It, Make the Boat Go Faster, Always be Learning, Start with Why, Embrace Transparency and Celebrate Success.
Our internal culture committee is very active and we organize lots of socials and team activities, so you will get to know us all in no time! Friday beers and cheers is a great way to wind down after a week at work and celebrate the small (and big!) wins and things that made us smile that week. We also love a bit of company swag, so if you love wearing hoodies to work, you will fit right in:-)
About the role
You will be the first member of the technical team working closely with the Technical lead and CTO. You may get an incredible chance to take different responsibilities and grow solving incoming challenges, like:
How our code and product could have better quality, test coverage, and logs?
How to investigate any issues faster?
Which areas could be optimized first?
What is the reason for a bug found by a customer?
This role covers these questions and helps our client achieve a high-class product.
Moreover, you will be able to work with customer questions and then, based on the investigation results, prepare a plan to upgrade the Sideways 6 platform. Your results will increase customer satisfaction and improve code quality in general.
- Analyzing existing architecture and preparing upgrade plan based on technical / business needs;
- Continuous upgrading of platform's transparency & observability;
- Processing support requests;
- Refactoring of the existing code base and writing tests.
- Minimum of 3 years of applicable industry experience;
- You will have experience of application integration such as application interface or data layers;
- Experience in modern DevOps methodologies and test-driven development.
- C# / .Net (4.5+ and .Net Core 2.1+);
- ASP.NET MVC;
- Entity Framework, Relational and NoSQL Databases (MS SQL, MongoDB);
- SOLID (hands-on experience), Database and memory usage optimization, design patterns.
Nice to have:
- ReactJS + Typescript; JQuery;
- Microsoft Azure ecosystem (App Service, Azure SQL, Service Fabric, Service Bus, Application Insight, Blob Storage, etc.);
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- An open and vibrant start-up environment plus ideas platform itself
- Possibility to clearly track your individual impact on the product and the customers' results
- 100% remote work support and flexible working hours
- Generous educational budget to use at your discretion and English courses
- Medical insurance (locally)
- Options policy (long-term program)
- Competitive salary linked to the US currency and annual progression plan
- Regular social company gatherings and business trips to the UK (to be restored after lockdown)