Kontur is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer for its work-from-home team.
We are a US company that develops a geospatial analytics platform that uses innovative mapping technologies to provide visual, location-aware intelligence across business verticals. For many regions across the globe, natural disasters are not just news headlines — they are the reality of life. We are helping companies, governments, and communities reduce the impact of natural disasters and provide help and resources to those who need them the most.
Duties and responsibilities
As part of the back-end team, you will be working with product development, spatial data analysts, and front-end developers to design, implement and deploy resilient data processing pipelines, APIs, and tools to serve in-house and client users. You will be solving the challenges of bringing together many online geospatial data sources, transforming and managing them in the system and presenting resulting intelligence to the consumers.
As a Back-end Engineer, you will take responsibility for parts of the Kontur Platform and applications built to use it. You may need to go outside the Java ecosystem to implement data solutions with SQL, Bash, or Python scripts.
Our technology stack includes Java, MyBatis, Spring Boot, PostgreSQL, GNU Make, Python, Osmium, pgRouting, OSRM. We deploy to a hybrid cloud environment with Docker and Gitlab CI/CD.
Why would you want to join?
- Technical challenge. You will be participating in framework development, data engineering, and programming geospatial components.
- Unmatched expertise. You will be working alongside GIS community leaders, seasoned tech visionaries, entrepreneurs, engineers, and tech leaders with decades of experience.
- Helping people. Our solutions are already being used by organizations, such as Pacific Disaster Center, Beacon NGO, and Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team, in real cases of natural and human-made disasters. Knowing that the feature you have been working on saves lives is priceless.
- Flexibility. We believe that only in a comfortable and safe environment we perform at our best. That’s why we have a flexible schedule and avoid overtime work. The healthy and friendly atmosphere in the company is something we truly value and are proud of.
Things we seek
- Substantial experience in architecting and developing CI/CD solutions.
- Experience in scripting languages, such as Python, Bash.
- Expertise in automating deployments, config management.
- Knowledge of the core engineering concepts, data structures, algorithms, and best practices.
- Experience in AWS (ElasticSearch, RDS, EC2, S3, Lambda, etc.).
- Experience in DB administration, Postgres as a plus.
- An understanding of modern deployment and integration practices, experience managing applications in both development and production environments.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
Things that will set you apart
- Experience with Geospatial domain.
- Strong Linux background.
- Prior backend development experience.