EIS is an insurance software company that enables leading insurers to innovate and operate like a tech company: fast, simple, agile.
Founded in 2008, EIS provides an open, flexible platform of core systems and digital solutions allowing insurers to accelerate and scale innovation, launch products faster, deliver new revenue channels, and create experiences the world will love.
With thousands of APIs, the platform gives insurers the freedom to connect to a vast ecosystem of insurtech and emerging technologies.
EIS powers premium growth for insurers in all lines of business worldwide. For more information visit EISGroup.com
About the role:
As an API technical writer in our company, you will work with the DXP API team to build the API Documentation system. In addition, you will document other technical topics (backend and tooling topics) with a developer audience in mind. You will develop detailed developer guides, you may need to write code samples, organize API references, and other information. In short, you will play an important role making sure that our platform is easy to use and understand.
- Develop and deliver well-written, concise API documentation and other technical material for technical audiences, both internal and external, as well as contribute to designing the best delivery mechanism for that content. The goal is to win the trust of developers and other readers with the quality and reliability of your documentation.
- Develop implementation instructions utilizing different parts of documentation into concise and easy-to-follow steps.
- Take the initiative to find the information and subject matter experts (SMEs) you need to get the job done.
- Regularly communicate status to your stakeholders; interface with colleagues to share achievements and challenges.
- Supplement developer documentation with relevant sample code as needed.
- Able to think like a software developer or system Integrator to be able to create documentation for development teams
- Understand the Agile development methodology
- Understanding of WebServices architecture
- University degree in computer science, technical writing, core science or equivalent experience
- Excellent spoken English; Near-native written English (all documentation will be in English) with minute attention to proper grammar/syntax
- 3+ years of experience writing documentation for technical audiences
- A love of technology and a genuine ability to use language as a tool for providing great value to users
- Familiarity with REST API concepts and functionality
- Familiarity with API documentation tools such as Swagger
- Familiarity with Madcap Flare and Madcap Central/Github a plus
- Demonstrated experience working with Jira and Confluence (wiki)
- Demonstrated experience in writing and proofreading technical content (portfolio or links to work examples)
- Experience creating physical, logical architecture diagrams, use case diagrams, and business process diagrams
- Great communication skills and ability to work well with developers, Project Managers, BA’s, and other team members in a globe-spanning development environment
- Ability to prioritize work across multiple teams and juggle multiple projects. Good time management is a must
- Ability to independently scope out and manage multiple writing projects
- Ability to learn technical concepts quickly
What we offer:
Ability to work remotely
Unique working environment
High level compensation based on the regular performance reviews
28 calendar days of paid vacation, 3 paid sick leave days
Various social & team-building activities
Free English lessons
А comfortable location close to the subway station "Grushevka"